Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Toronto Guitar Dudes


For the photophiles that may have landed at Phototrain, here is some shutter chatter: Diffused SB-800 handheld upper CL approx. 4 feet away at 1/128, SU-800 on D200, shutter 1/125, ISO 100. I am satisfied with this image. The subjects' faces are visible, and the 'fall off' effect of the flash, doesn't light the acoustic guitars that are strapped 'back pack' style to the subject's backs.

These gentlemen were on their way to a friends house to practice their guitar playing. They mentioned they play at an open jam on Wenesday nights @ 460 Spadina Ave. They were kind enough to invite me out for the jam. Thanks guys!

This photo was taken last Sunday night around 11 pm, in Koreatown, that wonderful stretch of Bloor St. between Bathurst & Christie Sts. I was in the area practicing some off camera flash photos and these guys were nice enough to oblige. Thanks again dudes!

I had originally made the trip to Toronto to go to the Luminato Festival closing ceremonies at Harbourfront Centre. Anyway it was a last minute trip and I missed Cirque de Soleil who were dishing their magical fantasy, along a kilometer of Toronto's waterfront.

Oh well, I'll be in plenty of time for next years art's festival.

The trip was still worthwhile, I got to enjoy a delicious lamb gyros in Greektown on the Danforth, and do my bit of camera experimentation in Koreatown.

No comments: