Sunday, June 30, 2013

Runner

So once again I have been gifted by life. I am a runner. Yesterdays run stats show that the run accomplished:

Steps=1,052
Distance= 1.2 km.
Time= 09:14
Calories= 106.4
Avg. Speed= 7.7

The stats for June 28 show:

Steps= 497
Distance= 0.6 km.
Time= 04:19
Calories= 50.3
Avg. Speed= 8.1

Yesterday after my run I did walk to Jebbs Creek and back. A distance of 10 Kms.

I enjoy walking/jogging out on the country roads but the slope of the road shoulder causes my left ankle pain due to the unevenness of the roadbed. The simple cure is to stay on sidewalks in town or due laps at the park or a combination of both. Such is a runners life!

Another bonus to the exercise program are the people I meet. Yesterday I met two people on my workout. Dave is a retired British Army intelligence officer. With reference to running, he represented the army in running meets. Obviously he is very accomplished.
The other very interesting person I met was Erica the dog-walker. Erica left retail after many years because she no longer enjoyed it. She happily pointed out that now she gets paid to exercise and she also gets to spend time with pets on a limited basis.

I have noticed that sometimes walking to Jebbs Creek and back sometimes gives me slight lower back pain/discomfort. I will see if my new level ground walks/runs in town alleviate this.

Walking and careful nutrition are still the basis of my health improvement/weight loss program. Once I am running at my goal level I will be able to gauge the results. Regardless, walking will always be a basis of my program.

I am training for two races for 2014: the Ottawa Half Marathon at the end of May and then the 8 Km. Perth Kilt Run in June. Of course whether I race or not is irrelevant. I train for health and nutrition and the learning process.

I am enjoying the passion immensely. I have lost 26 pounds so far.
Life is good! I am grateful!

No comments: