Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Day in the Life-Walking in the Rain

How about walking in the rain with the one you love? Well I do walk alone. And I do love myself in a healthy, wholesome manner. I do consider myself good company out there.

I discovered a small lake on my walking route this morning. A lone loon took off as I arrived. During the walk I also spotted a couple of great blue herons in flight.

I went to bed early last night at 2230. I woke up, all slept out by 0350.

The day started with two glasses of water, 1/2 a cup of white grape juice and 3 teaspoons of cottage cheese and two of plain yogurt. That was followed by a ten minute meditation. Then a shower. I was dressed and out the door by 0550 for the start of my two hour and forty-five minute, 17.5 km. walk.

I went through the process of getting ready to go, only to discover it was drizzling rain. So off I walked into the early morning drizzle, content in the knowledge that I am a walking warrior. No mere spring drizzle is going to dampen my passion.

By the time I approached Jebbs Creek, 4 kilometers later, it was pouring. No big deal. I carry a zip lock bag to put my driver's license and phone into. It didn't pour for very long and I found it refreshing. It added to the beauty, to the natural environment.

So yes, I am a walking warrior, but a safe one too.

When there is traffic I walk on the shoulder of the road. It is gravel and it slows me down a bit, but it adds to the intensity of the walk. Once on the road I can assume more of a power walk. That is intense also because of the ability to walk significantly faster. The walking surface dictates the type of intensity.

It was a good walk: 17.5 km, 1,523 calories burned, and 22,134 steps.
I drank only 250 ml/8 oz of water and only had to urinate once.

On my return home I drank 750 ml of water and 250 ml of water mixed with whey protein. For breakfast I made 1 serving of organic oats with half a banana, cinnamon and maple syrup. I also ate three more teaspoons of cottage cheese.
Then I washed my shorts, shirt and socks and off to bed for a sound 2 1/2 hour slumber.

I awoke just after 1400. Got up, washed. I made some quinoa, (pronounced keenwah), and put it and cauliflower, diced chicken breast, garlic and artichokes into home-made chicken stock. So for lunch I had the soup. There is a fair amount of liquid in the soup so I will separate some of it from the solids and drink it in place of water sometimes.

I will be working tonight around midnight.

The car goes in for service Friday morning. A Spanish lesson on the weekend.

A day in the life.

Keep well all.

No comments: